Last Modified: July 10, 2018
Thank you for your interest in becoming a Aelieve User Group (AUG) Leader. Being a AUG Leader is a rewarding and sometimes demanding experience. To aim to ensure that we continue to provide a world-class experience to all of our passionate AUG members, we ask that you take the time to understand what will be expected of you as your city’s leader. That’s where these AUG Guidelines come in.
These guidelines contain the terms and conditions that you must agree to and abide by in order to be a AUG Leader. It is a legal document so some of the language is necessarily “legalese” but we have tried to make it as reader friendly as possible. These terms are so important though that we cannot have you participate as a AUG Leader unless you agree to them. By participating as a AUG Leader, you are agreeing to these terms.
- AUG Leader Eligibility and Requirements
Because we want all those who attend a AUG meetup to have an awesome experience, we have certain eligibility criteria and requirements that all AUG Leaders must meet.
Before we launch into these, we want to first confirm that these AUG Guidelines are agreed to between Aelieve, Inc. and the company that agreed to them. So when we use “we”, “us” or “our”, we mean Aelieve, Inc. And when we use “you” or “your”, we mean the company that agreed to the guidelines. These guidelines will apply for as long as your nominated individual remains a AUG Leader. We may, in our absolute discretion, decide that the nominated individual can no longer participate in the AUG program as a AUG Leader if he/she fails to adhere to these guidelines.
Now that that’s out of the way, let’s move on to eligibility criteria. To be eligible, your AUG Leader must:
- Be employed by you, and you must be either a Gold, Platinum or Diamond partner agency;
- Have a valid Aelieve Certified Trainer certification;
- Have a valid Inbound Certification and Aelieve Marketing Software Certification;
- Possess excellent public speaking and communication skills;
- Have the ability to deliver training that is creative and informative;
- Have a passion and enthusiasm for inbound and education;
- Be a user of your Aelieve subscription service for at least six (6) months; and
- Upon the launch of AUG Leader training, complete AUG Leader training within thirty (30) days after being so designated.
Finally, you must be a Aelieve customer with your account in good standing (this includes prompt payment of any outstanding sums owed to Aelieve).
Ok, now for some requirements. Your AUG Leader representative must:
- Hold the first meetup within three (3) months of your becoming a AUG Leader. A meetup should focus on teaching aspiring sales and marketing leaders best practices regarding inbound marketing, inbound sales or the Aelieve products. Typical meetups allot time for networking between attendees, a 45-minute presentation, and a short Q&A period.
- Hold one meetup per quarter that is free of charge to all attendees and is focused only on AUG activities (this means you can’t charge for admission to the meetup, or hold a meetup as part of a larger marketing event.) If there’s a reason that a meetup can’t be held in any given quarter, or has to be rescheduled, the AUG Leader representative should let us know by sending a note into [email protected] These quarterly meetups should all be scheduled within the first two (2) months of becoming a AUG Leader (though you don’t need to choose the topic or location at this point.) This helps us to be best prepared to support you.
- Use a check-in form at all meetups. We will discuss and agree on the event check-in tool to use.
- Use the AUG collateral that we provide you in accordance with the AUG collateral Do’s and Don’ts section below.
- Reserve a certain amount of time each week to spend on your AUG Leader activities.
- Maintain the performance criteria set out in the ‘5. Performance Reviews and Discontinuance’ section below.
- Aelieve Support
We appreciate our AUG Leaders and provide the support we describe below, which we hope will help make our AUG Leaders successful.
First off, we will make available a Aelieve Marketing Hub Account (“Account”) to use for AUG Leader activities. For information on using a Aelieve Account, please see our Terms of Service here. In addition we impose additional requirements on your use of the Account. For the following we may use some terms that are defined in our Terms of Service:
- All AUG collateral, which includes your AUG website, landing pages, forms and emails used for your AUG must be hosted on this portal. Aelieve owns this Account and all the Customer Data inside this account. You are required to store all information associated with your AUG activities inside this Account.
- You agree that when using this Account you will comply with all applicable privacy laws and regulations. Additionally, you must comply with our GDPR Guidelines located at: http://www.aelieve.com/AUG-privacy-guidelines
- One very important restriction – you can only use this Aelieve Marketing Hub for AUG Leader activities. That means under no circumstances can you use it for your own business or to promote your own products or services. We are the administrator of this portal, and we can add and remove users, modify the contents, or remove access to you, at any time without notice to you.
We will also try to raise awareness for your AUG. For example, we will send emails at least once per month to local Aelieve customers and users informing them of the meeting details for your upcoming meet-up, provided that you supply the necessary details six weeks prior to your event.
We understand hosting meetups sometimes comes with a financial cost. So, if you pay for food, beverages or space for your meetup, then we will provide a stipend on a quarterly basis with the amount set forth in the table below. We will calculate the tier that is applicable to you based on the average number of attendees that you hosted during the preceding year. If you are a new AUG Leader, you will receive the stipend outlined below (equal to the stipend for 25 or less average attendees).
25 or less
26 – 50
51 – 75
76 – 100 +
For example, if you had an average number of 40 attendees at each AUG meetup hosted by you during 2017, we will pay you a stipend of $1,000 dollars on a quarterly basis during 2018 for as long as you are participating in the AUG Program during 2018. Your average attendance will be assessed at the end of each calendar year and should you qualify for a different tier, we will apply that tier on a going-forward basis from the first quarter of the calendar year following the assessment date.
While we appreciate your participation in the AUG program, outside of the stipend or expenses that we have set out above, we won’t reimburse or otherwise compensate you for your AUG Leader representative’s time, travel or any other expense you incur in connection with your participation as a AUG Leader. In order to receive your stipend within 30 days of the last day of the quarter, you must ensure that Aelieve has the most up-to-date financial information required to process the payment to you.
At each meetup, you will ensure that each attendee completes a check-in form and you will provide Aelieve with a list of folks that attended your meetup within about a week after the meetup, as long as the attendee didn’t opt-out. One important restriction – you can use the contact information of your AUG attendees for AUG-related activities only, and must comply with all opt-out requests (whether received from us or from the individual on the list.)
- AUG collateral Dos and Don’ts
- Make your AUG website and other promotional assets neutral in representation. This means that these shouldn’t be designed in a way that looks like they are affiliated with organizations other than Aelieve.
- Take pride in the quality of your AUG collateral.
- Comply with all the terms of our Acceptable Use Policy and any applicable privacy laws.
- Follow all the terms of how to use our trademark (see the ‘Proprietary Rights; Trademarks’ section below).
- Use the provided Illustrator file and instructions below to procure your Aelieve User Group logo for your city to use on all printed, online, and other collateral (see the ‘Proprietary Rights; Trademarks’ section below for full instructions).
- Use the provided official AUG logo for your city on all printed, online, and other collateral.
AUG Logo Instructions
Using the six layouts in the Illustrator file, simply replace the city name with your city.
The typeface must be Avenir Next Medium at size 90px. The leading needs to be set at 96px and tacking at -38px. Kern individual letters until all are evenly space. No need to edit “User Groups” as that is already done for you.
You can use your logo in full color (Obsidian #33475B and Lorax #FF7A59 – Lorax for the sprocket only), all white, and all black. Please reference our Style Guide for more details.
Depending on the name of your city, you may need to extend or reduce the length and/or height of the artboard. Using the grid, ensure that there is one square of padding all around the logo.
If the name of your city is particularly long or short, please be conscientious about which wordmarks you use. For example, if the name is quite long, please avoid these layouts:
If your city name is very short, please do not use this layout.
Once you have inserted the name of your city in all the desired layouts and color combinations, you’re ready to export. Go to File > Export > Export As. Then in pop up window, click the Format dropdown, select PNG and check the Use Artboards box and All button. Click the Export button and you will have usable logos for all your needs.
When using your AUG logo in copy, simply write out “Aelieve User Groups New York” not “Aelieve User Groups – New York” or in conjunction with any other separating characters.
- Use AUG collateral to promote your business, products or services.
- Use any material that infringes the intellectual property rights of others.
- Use the contact information obtained through the AUG website or check-in form for anything except related to AUG-related activities. This means, for example, you can’t use this contact information to send general “marketing news” about your business.
- Use the ‘AUG’ name or branding (which includes, but is not limited to, the names ‘Aelieve’, ‘Aelieve Academy’ and ‘Aelieve User Group’) without our written consent and any use of our marks or brand must be solely for the purpose of promoting your AUG meetup. For more details, please see the trademark usage requirements in section 4 below.
- Proprietary Rights; Trademarks
While we might make a Aelieve Marketing portal available to you to use in accordance with these AUG Guidelines, this portal and all intellectual property related to it belong to and are the property of us or our licensors (if any).
All content developed by you in connection with your role as a AUG Leader, including (without limitation) the AUG logo, will be owned by us and you hereby irrevocably transfer, assign and convey to us the exclusive copyright ownership in such materials, without the necessity of any further consideration.
You grant to us a nonexclusive, nontransferable, royalty-free right to use and display your trademarks, service marks and logos (“Your Marks”) in connection with the AUG program and as we may otherwise choose.
While you are a AUG Leader in good standing, you may use our trademark as long as you follow the usage requirements in this section. You must: (i) only use the images of our trademark that we make available to you, without altering them in any way; (ii) only use our trademarks in connection with your activities as a AUG Leader; and (iii) immediately comply if we request that you discontinue use or alter use due to updated brand marks. You must not: (i) use our trademark in a misleading or disparaging way; (ii) use our trademark in a way that implies we endorse, sponsor or approve of your services or products; or (iii) use our trademark in violation of applicable law or in connection with an obscene, indecent, or unlawful topic or material.
As of December 2017, in an effort to maintain brand consistency across the growing, global AUG program, Aelieve will only support and allow Aelieve User Group wordmarks, including social media avatars, for each AUG instance, e.g. “Aelieve User Groups – Austin” and will expect each AUG Leader and appropriate AUG representative to update their respective AUG wordmark.
We will provide you with the most up-to-date approved usage of the AUG logo/wordmark.
- Performance Reviews and Discontinuance
If you fail to hold at least four (4) meetups throughout the year, we will reach out to you and develop an action plan to try to get you back on track. To continue participating in the AUG program, you must successfully hold two (2) AUG meetups in six (6) months, otherwise we will work towards finding a replacement leader.
We will review your performance at the end of each calendar year. You must have (i) achieved an average minimum attendance of at least twenty (20) individuals at each meetup, (ii) achieved an average event rating of at least 7/10, and (iii) maintain all of the certifications listed in the eligibility criteria set out above. While we endeavor to give you the opportunity to continue to participate in the AUG program if you meet or exceed expectations, we may choose to discontinue your participation or the AUG program generally at any time in our discretion by notifying you. We may immediately discontinue your participation in the AUG program at any time if you fail to comply with these guidelines or if we determine that you are acting in a way that has or may negatively reflect on or affect us, our prospects, or our customers.
- Other Important Legalese
You will indemnify, defend and hold us harmless, at your expense, against any third-party claim, suit, action, or proceeding (each, an “Action”) brought against us (and our officers, directors, employees, agents, service providers, licensors, and affiliates) by a third party not affiliated with us to the extent that such Action is based upon or arises out of your participation as a AUG Leader. We will: notify you after becoming aware of any such claim; give you sole control of the defense or settlement of such a claim; and provide you (at your expense) with any and all information and assistance reasonably requested by you to handle the defense or settlement of the claim. You shall not accept any settlement that (i) imposes an obligation on us; (ii) requires us to make an admission; or (iii) imposes liability not covered by these indemnifications or places restrictions on us without our prior written consent.
WE AND OUR AFFILIATES AND AGENTS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES ABOUT THE AUG PROGRAM OR YOUR PARTICIPATION AS A AUG LEADER. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL WE BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFITS OR BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES. IF, NOTWITHSTANDING THE OTHER TERMS OF THESE GUIDELINES, WE ARE DETERMINED TO HAVE ANY LIABILITY TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY, THE PARTIES AGREE THAT OUR AGGREGATE LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS.
We may update and change any part or all of these guidelines at any time without notifying you first. If we update or change these guidelines, the updated guidelines will be posted at http://legal.aelieve.com/AUG-guidelines. The updated guidelines will become effective and binding on the next business day after they are posted. When we change these guidelines, the “Last Modified” date above will be updated to reflect the date of the most recent version. We encourage you to review these guidelines periodically.
These guidelines shall be governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, without regard to the conflict of laws provisions thereof. In the event either of us initiates an action in connection with these guidelines or any other dispute between the parties, the exclusive venue and jurisdiction of such action shall be in the state and federal courts in Boston, Massachusetts.
Both you and we agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between you and us as a result of your agreement to these guidelines.
You shall comply with all applicable foreign and domestic laws (including without limitation export laws and laws applicable to sending of unsolicited email), governmental regulations, ordinances, and judicial administrative orders. You shall not engage in any deceptive, misleading, illegal or unethical marketing activities, or activities that otherwise may be detrimental to us, our customers, or to the public.
These guidelines set forth the entire agreement between us related to your participation as a AUG Leader and supersedes all other proposals and agreements related your participation as a AUG Leader, whether electronic, oral or written, between us.
You will not assign or transfer these guidelines, including any assignment or transfer by reason of merger, reorganization, sale of all or substantially all of its assets, change of control or operation of law, without our prior written consent.
Nothing in these guidelines, express or implied, is intended to or shall confer upon any person or entity (other than the parties hereto) any right, benefit or remedy of any nature whatsoever under or by reason of your agreement to these guidelines.
We grant to you only the rights and licenses expressly stated in these guidelines, and you receive no other rights or licenses with respect to us, our products or services, our trademarks, or any other property or right of ours.
Each party represents and warrants to the other that it has full power and authority to agree to these guidelines and that they are binding upon such party and enforceable in accordance with their terms.
Aelieve – GDPR Data Processing Addendum (AUGs)
This Data Processing Addendum (“Addendum”) sets out the terms that apply as between Aelieve and You when processing EEA personal data in connection with the Aelieve User Group Program. This Addendum forms part of the AUG Guidelines. Capitalized terms used in this Addendum shall have the meanings given to them in the AUG Guidelines (the “Agreement”) unless otherwise defined in this Addendum.
- Definitions: (a) “controller,” “processor,” “data subject,” and “processing” (and “process”) shall have the meanings given to them in Applicable Data Protection Law; (b) “Applicable Data Protection Law” means any and all applicable privacy and data protection laws and regulations applicable to the Personal Data in question, including, where applicable, EU Data Protection Law (in each case, as may be amended, superseded or replaced from time to time); (c) “EU Data Protection Law” means: (i) the EU General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation 2016/679) (“GDPR”); and (ii) the EU e-Privacy Directive (Directive 2002/58/EC); and (iii) any national data protection laws made under or pursuant to clause (i) or (ii); and (d) “Personal Data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person to the extent that such information is protected as personal data under Applicable Data Protection Law.
- Purposes of processing. The parties acknowledge that in connection with the AUG Program, each party may provide or make available to the other party Personal Data. Each party shall process such data: (i) for the purposes described the Agreement; and/or (ii) as may otherwise be permitted under Applicable Data Protection Law.
- Relationship of the parties. Each party will process the copy of the Personal Data in its possession or control as an independent controller (not as a joint controller with the other party). For the avoidance of doubt and without prejudice to the foregoing, Aelieve shall be an independent controller of any Personal Data that it receives or shares with You in connection with the AUG Program.
- Compliance with law. Each party shall separately comply with its obligations under Applicable Data Protection Law and this Addendum when processing Personal Data. Neither party shall be responsible for the other party’s compliance with Applicable Data Protection Law. In particular, each party shall be individually responsible for ensuring that its processing of the Personal Data is lawful, fair and transparent, and shall make available to data subjects a privacy statement that fulfils the requirements of Applicable Data Protection Law.
- International transfers. Where Applicable Data Protection Law in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), and/or its member states, United Kingdom and/or Switzerland (collectively for the purposes of this Addendum, the “EU’), applies to the Personal Data (“EU Personal Data”), neither party shall process any EU Personal Data (nor permit any EU Personal Data to be processed) in a territory outside of the EU unless it has taken such measures as are necessary to ensure the transfer is in compliance with Applicable Data Protection Law. To the extent You transfer EU Personal Data to Aelieve and Aelieve is located in a territory outside the EU that does not provide adequate protection for Personal Data (as determined by Applicable Data Protection Law), Aelieve agrees to abide by and process such EU Personal Data in accordance with the Standard Contractual Clauses for Controllers as approved by the European Commission and available at http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=CELEX%3A32004D0915 (as amended, superseded or updated from time to time) (“Model Clauses”), which are incorporated by reference in, and form an integral part of, this Addendum. Aelieve agrees that it is a “data importer” and You are the “data exporter” under the Model Clauses (notwithstanding that Aelieve may be an entity located outside of the EEA).
- Security: Each party shall implement and maintain all appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect any copies of the Personal Data in their possession or control from (i) accidental or unlawful destruction, and (ii) loss, alteration, or unauthorised disclosure or access (a “Security Incident”) and to preserve the security and confidentiality of such Personal Data. Each party shall notify the other party without undue delay on becoming aware of any breach of EU Data Protection Law/Applicable Data Protection Law.